A recovery community organization in Oregon that provides a wide array of recovery support services
The Alano Club of Portland is a recovery community organization (RCO) that has been providing recovery support to the Portland community for over 70 years. It has grown to serving 10,000 people per month and evolved into an organization that provides a wide range of recovery support services supporting all pathways of recovery. Some of the more innovative services include:
- There are more than 100 weekly mutual aid meetings representing dozens of pathways of recovery. Most meetings address substance use but some provide mutual support for problematic behaviors having to do with gambling, eating, mental well-being, and work, to name just a few
- The Recovery Gym is a hybrid recovery program that combines physical fitness with peer-based recovery support through a series of dynamic activities, such as crossfit, rock climbing, and mindfulness
- Low-cost access to RecoveryLink, a digital recovery technology that delivers peer support services
- The Recovery Toolkit Series provides non-clinical, community-oriented seminars, classes, and workshops covering topics such as brain chemistry, addiction, relationships, recovery advocacy, and relapse prevention
- Partnership with Metropolitan Public Defender to offer the Recovery Expungement Clinic, where all expungement legal services are offered free of charge. This program has been responsible for 550 low-level felony drug convictions being expunged since 2019
More detail on the organization can be found in its annual report.